Jersey royal chips with saffron aïoli
- April 2012
- Serves 4
- Ready in 40 minutes
You can tell by their name that these are no humble potatoes. Grab some while they’re in season and enjoy this fabulous Jersey royal chip recipe.
Looking for something else? We’ve got lots more Jersey royal potato recipes here.
- 25.5g (3.9g saturated)
- 20.5g (1.7g sugars)
- 500g jersey royals
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 free-range egg yolks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- A pinch of saffron threads
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 275-300ml olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan180C/gas 6. Slice the jersey royals lengthways into quarters. Cook in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes, then drain well.
- Tip into a roasting tin, toss with the olive oil, then roast for 30-40 minutes until crispy.
- Meanwhile, put the egg yolks in a food processor with the garlic, saffron and white wine vinegar.
- Season, then whizz, slowly adding the olive oil to create a thick yellow aíoli (you’ll have more than you need). Add a good squeeze of lemon juice, then serve with the hot chips.
Jersey Royal season is from the end of March until July. They are at their very best in May.
Rate & review