Jersey royal salad with hot-smoked salmon
- April 2012
- Serves 4
- Ready in less 30 min
This salad is a fabulous combination of smoked salmon, dill, jersey royals and cucumber – the perfect springtime salad recipe.
Looking for something else? We’ve got lots more Jersey royal potato recipes here.
- 19.9g (6.8g saturated)
- 21.5g (2.7g sugars)
- 500g jersey royal potatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Squeeze if lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 200g hot-smoked salmon
- ½ cucumber
- A handful of fresh dill, chopped
- Cook jersey royals in boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain and tip into a large bowl.
- Beat the crème fraîche with the extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice and dijon mustard. Season, then add to the warm potatoes.
- Flake in the salmon. Slice the cucumber in half lengthways, scrape the seeds out with a spoon, then chop into half moons.
- Gently toss the salad together, then scatter with fresh dill and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Burns Night recipes
Sautéed jersey royals with black pudding and fried egg
Crispy jersey royals, meaty black pudding and a fried egg combine in this quick dish...
Jersey royal new potato recipes
Roast jersey royal, spring herb, hazelnut and bacon salad with lemon brown butter dressing
This recipe is a seasonal celebration. Toasted hazelnuts and fresh radishes add extra crunch to...