Jersey royal salad with hot-smoked salmon
- April 2012
- Serves 4
- Ready in less 30 min
This salad is a fabulous combination of smoked salmon, dill, jersey royals and cucumber – the perfect springtime salad recipe.
Looking for something else? We’ve got lots more Jersey royal potato recipes here.
- 19.9g (6.8g saturated)
- 21.5g (2.7g sugars)
- 500g jersey royal potatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Squeeze if lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 200g hot-smoked salmon
- ½ cucumber
- A handful of fresh dill, chopped
- Cook jersey royals in boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain and tip into a large bowl.
- Beat the crème fraîche with the extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice and dijon mustard. Season, then add to the warm potatoes.
- Flake in the salmon. Slice the cucumber in half lengthways, scrape the seeds out with a spoon, then chop into half moons.
- Gently toss the salad together, then scatter with fresh dill and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Burns Night recipes
Sautéed jersey royals with black pudding and fried egg
Crispy jersey royals, meaty black pudding and a fried egg...
Jersey royal new potato recipes
Roast jersey royal, spring herb, hazelnut and bacon salad with lemon brown butter dressing
Toasted hazelnuts and fresh radishes add extra crunch to this...
Subscribe to our magazine
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter