Lamb and pea keema curry
- October 2006
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g lean lamb mince
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp curry paste (we like Patak’s Korma Curry Paste)
- 200ml stock made from a stock cube
- 200g frozen petit pois
- Lemon juice
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Long grain rice, warmed naan bread and thick natural yogurt
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until starting to brown. Increase the heat to high, add the lamb mince and cook for 5 minutes, until browned.
- Stir in the cumin seeds and curry paste. Cook for 2 minutes, then stir in the stock. Add the petit pois (no need to defrost) and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Squeeze over a little lemon juice and add 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander. Serve with steamed long grain rice, warmed naan bread and a spoonful of thick natural yogurt.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...