Rack of lamb, potato and pepper tray roast
- June 2020
- SERVES 4
- HANDS-ON TIME 20 MIN, OVEN TIME 55-60 MIN
Ready for the easiest roast ever? Cook this mustard-rubbed rack of lamb nestled on a bed of veg and your meat and sides will be ready at the same time. Simply finish with a drizzle of yogurt and sprinkling of smoked almonds and chopped herbs.
If you’re looking for more all-in-one meal inspiration, check out our collection of easy traybake recipes.
- 31.7G (8.5 SATURATED)
- 55.8G (16.3G SUGARS)
- 750g small new potatoes, roughly sliced
- 3 mixed romano peppers (or regular peppers), roughly cut into chunks
- 2 red onions, thickly sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 rack of lamb, trimmed (choose one with 8 ribs)
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- Handful each chopped fresh flatleaf parsley and coriander
- Finely grated zest 1 lemon, plus the lemon, quartered to serve
- 1 chunky slice crusty bread, whizzed/grated to make breadcrumbs
- 200g tenderstem broccoli, any large spears halved
- 6-8 tbsp natural yogurt
- 50g smoked salted almonds, roughly chopped (you can use plain almonds if you can’t get smoked almonds)
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Toss the potatoes, peppers and onions and 2 tbsp of the oil in a large shallow roasting tin with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the lamb rack. In a small bowl mix the dijon mustard, half the chopped herbs and the lemon zest with salt and pepper. Coat the lamb with the mustard mix, then pat the breadcrumbs over the top to coat.
- Remove the roasting tray from the oven, add the broccoli and give everything a good toss. Put the lamb on top, drizzle with the remaining oil, then roast for 25-30 minutes for medium-rare to medium (or 5 minutes longer if you prefer your meat more well done).
- Set the rack of lamb aside to rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, toss everything together in the tray, then drizzle with the yogurt and scatter with the almonds and reserved chopped herbs. Carve the rested lamb into single ribs and serve in the tray at the table for everyone to help themselves.
Not a fan of lamb? Swap it for skin-on, bone in chicken thighs. Put them in the tin with the veg and roast for 45 minutes. Serve as in the main recipe with the yogurt, herbs and almonds.
Rate & review