Lime and coconut syllabub
- April 2017
- Serves 2 generously
- Hands-on time 10 min, plus chilling
Katy Beskow’s simple syllabub is rich and creamy with a hint of lime. Serve chilled in glasses for the perfect minimalist dessert.
- Vegan recipes
- 42.6g (39.1g saturated)
- 23.5g (16.2g sugars)
- 400ml can full-fat coconut milk, chilled until fully cold
- 4 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Finely grated zest 1 lime,juice ½ lime
- 1 tsp toasted coconut chips/flakes (from Ocado and health food stores)
- Open the can of chilled coconut milk and scoop out the solid cream from the top, discarding the coconut water (or reserve it for another recipe). Spoon the cream into a mixing bowl and add the yogurt. Use an electric whisk to whip the coconut cream, yogurt and maple syrup together for 5 minutes or until gentle peaks form when the whisk is removed.
- Stir most of the lime zest into the creamy coconut mixture, then squeeze in the lime juice.
- Spoon into dessert dishes or glasses. Top with a few toasted coconut chips or flakes and the reserved lime zest.
Recipe from Katy Beskow’s book 15 Minute Vegan (£8, Amazon).
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Brilliant blackberry recipes
Blackberry and thyme steamed puddings with bay custard
”British puddings cannot be beaten. I have added flavours that I love to use in...