Malai kulfi, almond and pistachio ice cream
- November 2005
- Serves 8
- Takes 25 minutes to make, plus freezing
This Indian Malai kulfi recipe, or almond and pistachio ice cream, is rich and satisfying.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 397g can condensed milk
- 410g can evaporated milk
- 300ml whipping cream
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- Few drops of vanilla essence
- 25g ground almonds
- 25g pistachio nuts, ground, plus extra whole nuts to garnish
- Fresh mint, to garnish
- Put the milks and cream in a large pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring constantly (the mixture should be thickened and reduced). Stir in the cardamom and vanilla essence, then remove from the heat and cool completely.
- Mix in the ground nuts and pour into 8 x 100ml moulds (or use empty yogurt pots). Freeze for 6-8 hours.
- To serve, hold the moulds under warm water and turn out onto plates. Decorate with pistachios and mint.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Rum caramel ripple ice cream with almond and macadamia brittle
Create a divine dessert by layering ice cream with rum caramel, served with shards of...