Masala-spiced parsnips with roast chicken
- March 2010
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 10 minutes plus 45 minutes cooking time
Black onion and cumin seeds give this simple roast chicken recipe an Indian twist.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 15.2g (2.8g saturated)
- 19.4g (8.2g sugars)
- 6 parsnips, quartered lengthways
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp black onion (nigella) seeds (from major supermarkets)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 free-range chicken legs or breasts
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Handful fresh coriander, leaves chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Par-cook the parsnips in a pan of boiling salted water for 4 minutes. Drain well, then place in a roasting tin. Drizzle with 2 tbsp of the olive oil and sprinkle with the onion seeds and cumin seeds.
- Season the chicken with the garam masala and salt and pepper and drizzle with the remaining oil. Place on top of the parsnips and roast in the oven for 40 minutes, turning once, until golden, crispy and cooked through. Scatter with the chopped coriander to serve.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...