Meatballs with tomato risotto
- March 2008
- Serves 4
- Ready in 30 minutes
Discover this easy one pot recipe which combines meatballs with tomato risotto. it’s perfect for kids or feeding a crowd midweek!
- 12 (about 430g) best-quality beef meatballs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200g ready-diced onion (or 1 large chopped onion)
- 250g risotto rice
- 1.2 litres chicken or vegetable stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 50g grated Grana Padano or Parmesan
- In a large frying pan, quickly brown the meatballs all over in the olive oil for about 2 minutes until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the rice and cook for a further 1 minute. Pour in the stock and tomatoes. Bring to the boil, then cover, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Add the meatballs and simmer for another 5 minutes, adding a little more stock if the rice isn’t soupy enough.
- Stir in the cheese and serve in warmed bowls, with soup spoons and some extra grated cheese, to sprinkle over.
Rate & review