Mixed bean, tomato and feta salad
- June 2011
- Serves 6
- Takes 25 minutes to make, 5 minutes to cook
This light salad recipe of broad beans, green beans, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts and feta is perfect for a picnic.
- 18g (5.3g saturated)
- 8.4g (5.3g sugar)
- 200g fresh (or frozen) podded broad beans
- 200g fine green beans, topped
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- Pinch of caster sugar
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 450g yellow and red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50g pine nuts, toasted
- Large handful of fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- Large handful of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 175g feta, finely sliced
- Caramelised red onion relish to serve
- Cook the broad and green beans in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes until tender. Drain, refresh in cold water, then remove the skins from the broad beans.
- Make the dressing by combining the lemon zest and juice with the garlic and a pinch of sugar. Season, then gradually whisk in the olive oil. Pour into a jar and top with a lid.
- Mix the beans with the tomatoes, pine nuts and herbs. Pour over the dressing, stir and top with the feta. Serve with onion relish on the side.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter