Moroccan vegetables and chickpeas
- June 2009
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 5 mins, plus 30-40 mins cooking time
This Moroccan vegetable recipe is a simple, filling dish that has very little hands on time.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 11.3g (1.3g saturated)
- 33.6g (6g sugars)
- 1 large aubergine, cut into chunks
- 12 small vine tomatoes, halved
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- Head of garlic, cloves separated
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Dash of balsamic vinegar
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Place the aubergine, tomatoes, cumin seeds, garlic, olive oil and vinegar in a roasting tin, season and roast for 30-40 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Spoon into a bowl and toss with the chickpeas, harissa and parsley. Serve with flatbreads.
Roasted garlic cloves have a mild, sweet flavour, so you can squeeze them from their skins and eat them whole. The Moroccan vegetables would also be lovely with herby roast lamb. Chickpeas are a great way of making a dish more filling and are a Moroccan staple.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Moroccan roasted vegetables with couscous
A healthy, colourful meal, making vegetables centre stage with parsnips, carrots and cauliflower. The moroccan...