Roast sprouts, cranberries and kale
- November 2021
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 15 min
The award for most useful Christmas side goes to this easy 3-in-one dish of festive classics. Our roast sprouts with cranberries and kale is vegan and gluten-free to boot.
Spend most of Christmas morning by the tree instead of in the kitchen, with our nifty make-ahead Christmas sides.
- 11.1g (1.3g saturated)
- 7g (5.9g sugars)
- 500g sprouts, halved if large
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large handfuls sliced kale
- 100g fresh cranberries
- 50g pecans, roughly broken
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat the oven to 180ºC fan/gas 6. Toss the sprouts with the oil on a lipped baking tray, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, then add the kale, cranberries and nuts to the tray and continue roasting for a further 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the maple syrup and vinegar over the roasted veg, add a little extra seasoning to taste, then toss everything together and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Christmas trimmings, sides and sauces
Brussels sprouts with chestnuts and orange herb butter
Banish soggy sprouts from your memory forever with this simple...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter