Chickpeas, spinach and cashew salad
- April 2014
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 15 min
A nutritious mix of chickpeas, iron-rich spinach and creamy cashews make this spiced salad recipe by Dale Pinnock a healthy lunch or dinner.
- Vegan recipes
- 32.4g (8g saturated)
- 38g (17.9g sugars)
- Olive oil for frying
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 600g baby leaf spinach
- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 300g raw cashew nuts (unsalted)
- 100g goji berries
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut, toasted in a dry pan until golden
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan, add the onions and garlic and fry for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Stir in the baby spinach and cook until it wilts.
- Add the chickpeas, cashew nuts, goji berries and cumin, then cook for another 3 minutes. Season to taste.
- Sprinkle over the toasted coconut, stir well and serve. It’s great served with a salad or sautéed green veg.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Midweek meal recipes
Poached eggs with harissa chickpeas and garlic yogurt
Adding a touch of harissa to this chickpea recipe transforms this simple meal into a...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...