Chickpeas, spinach and cashew salad
- April 2014
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 15 min
A nutritious mix of chickpeas, iron-rich spinach and creamy cashews make this spiced salad recipe by Dale Pinnock a healthy lunch or dinner.
- Vegan recipes
- 32.4g (8g saturated)
- 38g (17.9g sugars)
- Olive oil for frying
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 600g baby leaf spinach
- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 300g raw cashew nuts (unsalted)
- 100g goji berries
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut, toasted in a dry pan until golden
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan, add the onions and garlic and fry for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Stir in the baby spinach and cook until it wilts.
- Add the chickpeas, cashew nuts, goji berries and cumin, then cook for another 3 minutes. Season to taste.
- Sprinkle over the toasted coconut, stir well and serve. It’s great served with a salad or sautéed green veg.
Rate & review