Oriental mushroom and pak choi stir-fry
- July 2008
- Serves 4
- Ready in 15 min
Treat yourself to some exotic mushrooms and create this mouthwateringly simple dish.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 7.6g (0.9g saturated)
- 3g (2.1g sugar)
- 2½ tbsp sunflower oil
- 500g mixed oriental mushrooms (we used yellow, chestnut and king oyster, enoki, nameko, maitake, shimeji and shiitake), wiped clean and sliced if large (from fundamentallyfungus.com)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2.5cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 pak choi, quartered
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large wok or non-stick frying pan over a high heat. When hot, add half the mushrooms and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, until turning golden and softened a little. Set aside while you stir-fry the rest in another 1 tablespoon of oil. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok, add the shallot and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Add the pak choi and a splash of water and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, until the stems are beginning to soften.
- Return the mushrooms to the pan, along with the vinegar, soy sauce and spring onions and stir-fry for 1 minute, until heated through. Season to taste and serve immediately with some steamed rice, if you like.
Rate & review