Pan-fried lamb with crushed potatoes and salsa verde
- December 2013
- 500g new potatoes
For the salsa verde
- 1 tbsp capers
- 3 anchovy fillets
- ½ garlic clove
- 1½ tsp red wine vinegar
- A small handful each of fresh parsley and fresh mint
- 75ml olive oil
For the lamb
- 500g lamb loin (or lamb neck fillet)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Boil the potatoes for 10-15 minutes until tender. Drain and lightly crush with a wooden spoon.
- For the salsa verde, whizz capers, anchovies, garlic, vinegar, parsley and mint in a blender or processor to a coarse paste. Stir in the olive oil.
- Rub the lamb loin (or lamb neck fillet) with the olive oil, cumin seeds and garlic. Heat a large frying pan and fry the lamb for 3-5 minutes on each side, then transfer to a board to rest.
- Add the potatoes to the pan (with a little extra oil if needed), season well, then fry until crisp. Serve the lamb, sliced, with the potatoes with salsa verde.
Rate & review