Pan-fried tuna with citrussy quinoa salad
- October 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
A new take on tuna, try this gorgeously light pan-fried tuna with a citrussy salad to change up your midweek dinners.
Or try this gorgeous salmon traybake with soy and sesame dressing for a traybake with a twist.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 11.5g (1.5 saturated)
- 47.1g (11g sugars)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 3 carrots, finely sliced
- 300g quinoa
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- Handful fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 orange
- 4 sustainable tuna steaks
- 100g bag watercress
- Heat a glug of oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat, then gently fry the leeks and carrots for 5 minutes. Add the quinoa and stir together. Cook for 1 minute, then pour in the stock. Reduce the heat to low-medium and simmer gently for 20 minutes until the quinoa is just cooked.
- Stir in half the parsley and half the orange zest and juice, then taste and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute more, then turn off the heat.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Season the tuna steaks with salt and pepper, then put in the hot pan and cook for 1½ minutes on each side for medium rare. Slice, then divide the steaks, cooked quinoa and watercress among 4 plates. Squeeze over the remaining orange juice and sprinkle with the orange zest to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Healthy fish recipes
Quick tuna steaks with a tomato and caper dressing
A quick and easy dinner recipe using fresh tuna steaks. These come topped with a...
Healthy salad recipes
Quinoa, tenderstem broccoli, avocado and tuna salad
If you’re looking for a healthy, tasty and super speedy meal, this is it. Ready...