Pan-fried tuna with citrussy quinoa salad
- October 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
A new take on tuna, try this gorgeously light pan-fried tuna with a citrussy salad to change up your midweek dinners.
Or try this gorgeous salmon traybake with soy and sesame dressing for a traybake with a twist.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 11.5g (1.5 saturated)
- 47.1g (11g sugars)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 3 carrots, finely sliced
- 300g quinoa
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- Handful fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 orange
- 4 sustainable tuna steaks
- 100g bag watercress
- Heat a glug of oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat, then gently fry the leeks and carrots for 5 minutes. Add the quinoa and stir together. Cook for 1 minute, then pour in the stock. Reduce the heat to low-medium and simmer gently for 20 minutes until the quinoa is just cooked.
- Stir in half the parsley and half the orange zest and juice, then taste and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute more, then turn off the heat.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Season the tuna steaks with salt and pepper, then put in the hot pan and cook for 1½ minutes on each side for medium rare. Slice, then divide the steaks, cooked quinoa and watercress among 4 plates. Squeeze over the remaining orange juice and sprinkle with the orange zest to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Healthy fish recipes
Quick tuna steaks with a tomato and caper dressing
A quick and easy dinner recipe using fresh tuna steaks. These come topped with a...
Healthy salad recipes
Quinoa, tenderstem broccoli, avocado and tuna salad
If you’re looking for a healthy, tasty and super speedy meal, this is it. Ready...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...