Pancetta and rocket pizza
- May 2010
- Serves 1-2
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 15 minutes to cook
A thin, crispy crust topped with mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, pancetta and a good drizzle of caesar dressing. If you don’t have enough time to make your own pizza dough, you can use ready-made pizza bases instead.
- 23.1g (8.1g saturated)
- 49.2g (4.7g sugars)
For 2 servings
- 4 thin slices Italian smoked pancetta
- ½ quantity of pizza dough
- 80g pizza sauce
- 65g mozzarella, cubed
- 4 whole sun-dried tomatoes
- 40g rocket leaves
- 2 tbsp Caesar dressing
- Pinch of dried oregano
- 15g grated Grana Padano
- Preheat a baking sheet or pizza stone in the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7 or as high as your oven will go. Lay the slices of pancetta on another baking sheet and cook in the oven for about 2 minutes until golden and crisp. Remove and leave to one side.
- Stretch and roll the dough into a rectangle or rustic circle (see opposite for how to stretch the dough). Remove the hot baking sheet/stone from the oven, place the rolled dough on top and quickly spread the tomato sauce over the base, leaving a 1cm gap around the edge. Add the mozzarella and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Once the base is crisp and golden and the mozzarella has melted, remove the pizza from the oven and top with the sun-dried tomatoes and rocket. Drizzle the Caesar dressing gently over the pizza and place the crisp pancetta on top.
- Finish with a pinch of oregano and the Grana Padano, and serve immediately.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Jersey royal new potato recipes
Buttery jersey royal potatoes with broad beans, mint and lemon
What a classic summery side dish. Jersey royal potatoes are cooked in a parcel of...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...