Pancetta and rocket pizza
- May 2010
- Serves 1-2
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 15 minutes to cook
A thin, crispy crust topped with mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, pancetta and a good drizzle of caesar dressing. If you don’t have enough time to make your own pizza dough, you can use ready-made pizza bases instead.
- 23.1g (8.1g saturated)
- 49.2g (4.7g sugars)
For 2 servings
- 4 thin slices Italian smoked pancetta
- ½ quantity of pizza dough
- 80g pizza sauce
- 65g mozzarella, cubed
- 4 whole sun-dried tomatoes
- 40g rocket leaves
- 2 tbsp Caesar dressing
- Pinch of dried oregano
- 15g grated Grana Padano
- Preheat a baking sheet or pizza stone in the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7 or as high as your oven will go. Lay the slices of pancetta on another baking sheet and cook in the oven for about 2 minutes until golden and crisp. Remove and leave to one side.
- Stretch and roll the dough into a rectangle or rustic circle (see opposite for how to stretch the dough). Remove the hot baking sheet/stone from the oven, place the rolled dough on top and quickly spread the tomato sauce over the base, leaving a 1cm gap around the edge. Add the mozzarella and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Once the base is crisp and golden and the mozzarella has melted, remove the pizza from the oven and top with the sun-dried tomatoes and rocket. Drizzle the Caesar dressing gently over the pizza and place the crisp pancetta on top.
- Finish with a pinch of oregano and the Grana Padano, and serve immediately.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Summer salads and sides
Warm baby veg salad with goat’s curd and sherry vinaigrette
Serve this simple vibrant warm salad recipe with homemade goat’s curd either as a side...
Elderflower, lemon and cherry cream flourless cake
A flourless cake with elderflower cordial (or you can use liqueur), lemon and cherry cream...