Parma ham-wrapped fish with sprout and sweet potato hash
- November 2011
- 2 knobs of butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- A few rosemary sprigs, leaves stripped, plus extra, chopped
- 3 sweet potatoes, cut into small dice
- 4 thick sustainable white fish fillets, skinless
- 4 Parma ham slices
- 200g Brussels sprouts, finely shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Melt a knob of butter and 2 tbsp of the oil in a large pan and fry the onion gently for 5 minutes until soft. Add the rosemary leaves and sweet potatoes, then cook, turning, for 10-15 minutes until almost cooked.
- Meanwhile, wrap each fish fillet in a Parma ham slice. Heat the rest of the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then cook the fish for 6-8 minutes, turning once, until the fish is just cooked through and the ham is crisp.
- Add the sprouts, garlic and second knob of butter to the pan with the sweet potato mix, then fry for 2-3 minutes until tender. Season, stir through the parsley, chilli and rosemary sprigs. Serve with the fish.
Rate & review