Peach and raspberry Champagne cocktail
- September 2007
- Serves 8
- Takes 10 minutes to make, plus chilling
This peach and raspberry cocktail is made with a delicious fruit puree and Champagne or sparkling wine.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 0.2g (0.1g saturated)
- 7.9g (7.5g sugars)
- 3 ripe peaches, stoned and quartered
- 400g fresh raspberries, plus a few extra for decoration
- Caster sugar, to taste (optional)
- 3 tbsp raspberry or peach liqueur
- 75cl bottle inexpensive Champagne or sparkling wine, chilled
- Put the fruit into a clean food processor and whizz to a smooth puree. Taste and, if it’s quite tart, stir in some sugar according to taste. Push the berry puree through a fine plastic sieve into a small bowl. Stir in the raspberry or peach liqueur. Transfer to a sterilised bottle, then chill for a few hours or until ready to take to the picnic.
- At the picnic, pop a few raspberries into 8 champagne flutes or tall glasses. Add the raspberry puree, carefully pour in the Champagne and gently stir. Serve the cocktail with extra raspberries, if you like.
For non-drinkers, omit the liqueur and use sparkling water or lemonade instead of Champagne.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Parma ham, mozzarella and peach salad with buckwheat and quinoa
If you’ve never tried peaches in a salad, you need to try Ghillie James’ wonderful...
Peach, crispy pancetta, olive and mozzarella salad
If you haven’t tried peaches in a savoury dish yet, this is a good place...