Peri-peri spiced chicken with cauliflower rice and charred corn cobs
- May 2021
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 10 min
This flavour-packed peri-peri spiced chicken recipe is a perfect 5:2 diet main. Serve with cauliflower rice and charred corn cobs for a filling yet low-calorie meal. The recipe serves 1 so scale it up, if you’re cooking for 2 or more people.
- 5.4g (1.1g saturated)
- 11g (4.2g sugars)
- 1 small (100g) free-range skinless, boneless chicken thigh
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- ¼ tsp peri-peri spice mix
- 1 corn cob, cut into thirds
- Low calorie oil spray
- 60g cauliflower florets
- Small handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 180ºC fan/ gas 6. Put the chicken in a small glass/ceramic bowl with half the lime zest and juice and the spice mix, then toss to coat. Put on a small, lined baking sheet with the corn and spritz with the oil. Roast for 20 minutes, turning the corn halfway through, until the chicken is cooked and juicy.
- Meanwhile, coarsely grate the cauliflower using a box grater in a mixing bowl. Season, then stir in the remaining lime zest and juice and half the coriander.
- Remove the baking sheet, slice the chicken, then serve on a plate with the cauli ‘rice’ and charred corn (some cut from the cob if you like), spooning over any cooking juices. Garnish with the remaining coriander, then serve with lime wedges.
Next time: Swap the peri-peri spice mix for curry powder or smoked paprika.
Use it up: Roast the remaining cauliflower with more spice mix to use up in salads another day
Rate & review