Chilli tofu veg ‘noodles’
- August 2019
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 15 min
Our carb-light take on noodles is an easy weeknight win, and a great option for meat-free Mondays.
On the hunt for low-carb alternatives? Check out our oriental courgetti with seared steak.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 13.2g (2.2 saturated)
- 11.1g (7.1g sugars)
- 10 sprays olive oil
- 200g firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Thumb-size piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 fresh red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 courgettes (320g), finely sliced into ‘noodles’ with a julienne peeler or spiraliser
- 1 carrot (160g), finely sliced into ‘noodles’ with a julienne peeler or spiraliser
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 lime
- Fresh coriander to serve
- Heat the spray oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the tofu and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning regularly, until golden. Add the garlic, ginger and half the chilli and spring onions, then cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the courgette and carrot ‘noodles’ to the pan and cook, tossing, for another 2-3 minutes. Stir in the sesame oil, lime zest and juice, then divide between two plates. Serve sprinkled with the coriander, remaining sliced chilli and spring onions.
Rate & review