Pickled dill cucumbers
- April 2017
- Serves 4-6
- Hands on time 20 min, simmering time 10 min, plus pickling
Proper homemade pickles can be the difference between a simple meal to something really special. Serve with cured meats, sandwiches or burgers.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 0.6g (no saturated)
- 3.3g (3.3g sugars)
- trace salt
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 100ml cider vinegar
- 15g caster sugar
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, deseeded and sliced
- 25g bunch fresh dill, chopped
- Toast the fennel seeds in a small saucepan until fragrant. Add the vinegar and sugar, then gently heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cucumber slices and dill. Pour everything into a 1 litre sterilised jar and seal well. Best stored for up to 2 weeks before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Beetroot and apple pickle with caraway and coriander
”You can grate the beetroot and apples if you’re making the pickle to be eaten...
Kiwi beef burger with pickled beetroot and a fried egg
It’s the ultimate Kiwi burger recipe: a juicy beef patty topped with homemade pickled beetroot,...