Pork and sweetcorn chowder
- August 2017
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 20 min, simmering time 5 min
This recipe is perfect if you’re on the 5:2 diet. It’s packed with protein and flavour to keep you feeling satisfied and happy.
Looking for something else? We have lots more recipes for 1 person for you to try.
- 7.4g (1.6g saturated)
- 10.7g (3.5g sugars)
- 110g British outdoor-reared pork tenderloin
- A few squirts low-calorie cooking spray (or 1 tsp light olive oil)
- 1 banana shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- About 150g sweetcorn kernels, sliced from 1 cob
- 1/2 tsp English mustard powder
- 250ml chicken stock
- Juice ½ lemon
- Handful mixed fresh herbs, chopped (such as parsley, chives)
- 2 tsp fat-free fromage frais (stirred) to serve
- Rub the pork with a little spray/½ tsp oil. Put a small saucepan with a lid over a medium heat and brown the pork on all sides, then set aside.
- Turn down the heat slightly and add a little more of the spray/rest of the oil to the pan. Add the shallot and cook, stirring often, until softened and golden. Add the garlic and cook for a minute, stirring well. Add the sweetcorn and mustard powder and cook, stirring, for another minute.
- Add the stock and pork to the pan, cover with the lid and simmer for 5 minutes or until the meat is cooked through. Set the pork aside, then slice when cool enough to handle.
- Roughly blend the sweetcorn/stock mixture in the pan using a stick blender – keep some texture in the mixture – then add the lemon juice, herbs and season with salt and pepper. Pour into a bowl, add the pork slices and spoon over the fromage frais to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...