Pork chops with apple and walnuts
- December 2007
- Serves 4
- Ready in 30 minutes
This pork chop recipe uses fantastic autumnal flavours. It’s a quick dinner dish that’s on the table in 30 minutes.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 27.4g (7g saturated)
- 10.4g (3g sugar)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 bone-in pork chops
For the apple, red onion and walnuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25g butter
- 2 red-skinned apples
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 50g walnut pieces
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, leaves picked and chopped
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- Dry-fry the cumin seeds in a pan over a medium heat for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Tip into a pestle and mortar, add the chilli flakes and some seasoning and roughly crush. Stir in the olive oil.
- Preheat the grill to high. Using scissors, snip through the layer of fat on each pork chop, at intervals – this stops them curling up. Arrange on a grill rack over a foil-lined tray. Brush with half the spiced oil. Grill for 4-5 minutes. Turn and brush with the remaining spiced oil. Grill for a further 4-5 minutes or until golden and just cooked through. Set aside, loosely covered with foil.
- While the pork is resting, heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. core and cut the apple into wedges. Add to the hot pan along with the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until beginning to soften. Add the walnuts and rosemary, cook for 2 minutes, then add the vinegar and bubble away. Season to taste.
- Divide the pork chops between 4 serving plates, spoon the hot apple, onions and walnuts alongside and serve.
Rate & review