Prawn and cucumber squares (oshi sushi)
- August 2007
- Makes 24 squares
- Takes about 40 minutes including chilling
Make this sushi recipe, a lovely prawn and cucumber combination, for a party.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 340g rice
- 20 cooked prawns, halved and flattened
- ½ cucumber
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 30g chopped pickled ginger
- Cook the sushi rice in 375ml water over a low heat for approximately 20 minutes or according to packet instructions.
- Lay the prawns in diagonal rows in a 27cm x 18cm cake tin lined with cling film.
- Cut the cucumber into strips and lay between the prawns.
- Mix the toasted sesame seeds and the pickled ginger into the rice. Press firmly in an even layer in the tin. Chill for 1 hour or overnight.
- Turn out so the prawns are on top. Cut into 24 squares.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
This Japanese inspired recipe for vegetarian sushi squares makes an easy and sophisticated canapé.