Four cheese lasagne
- May 2010
- Serves 6
- Takes 20 minutes to make, about 1½ hours to cook
A truly indulgent, cheesy lasagne is made with mozzarella, provolone, blue cheese and parmesan… and a hit of spicy pepperoni.
But if it’s a traditional recipe you’re after, look no further than our popular classic lasagne.
- 36.2g (19.8g saturated)
- 26.8g (7.3g sugars)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250g pepperoni or cooking chorizo, sliced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- Handful fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 2 x 125g mozzarella balls, torn
- 60g Provolone or Cheddar, torn
- 175g blue cheese, eg Gorgonzola, crumbled
- 50g grated Parmesan
- 12 (330g) fresh lasagne sheets or buy some ready-made
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the chopped onion and garlic and fry gently for 10 minutes until soft. Add the pepperoni or chorizo and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Increase the heat, add the red wine vinegar, then stir in the tomatoes, sugar, oregano and 200ml water. Bring to the boil, season, then simmer gently for 15-20 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Stir in the shredded basil leaves and season. Mix all 4 cheeses together in a bowl.
- Spread half of the chorizo sauce over the base of a 2-litre ovenproof dish. Top with a layer of lasagne sheets and scatter over half of the mixed cheeses. Repeat the layers, finishing with cheese. Cool, wrap in cling film, then freeze for up to 3 months.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Bake in the oven from frozen for 1 hour until bubbling around the edges.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter