Four cheese lasagne
- May 2010
- Serves 6
- Takes 20 minutes to make, about 1½ hours to cook
A truly indulgent, cheesy lasagne is made with mozzarella, provolone, blue cheese and parmesan… and a hit of spicy pepperoni.
But if it’s a traditional recipe you’re after, look no further than our popular classic lasagne.
- 36.2g (19.8g saturated)
- 26.8g (7.3g sugars)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250g pepperoni or cooking chorizo, sliced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- Handful fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 2 x 125g mozzarella balls, torn
- 60g Provolone or Cheddar, torn
- 175g blue cheese, eg Gorgonzola, crumbled
- 50g grated Parmesan
- 12 (330g) fresh lasagne sheets or buy some ready-made
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the chopped onion and garlic and fry gently for 10 minutes until soft. Add the pepperoni or chorizo and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Increase the heat, add the red wine vinegar, then stir in the tomatoes, sugar, oregano and 200ml water. Bring to the boil, season, then simmer gently for 15-20 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Stir in the shredded basil leaves and season. Mix all 4 cheeses together in a bowl.
- Spread half of the chorizo sauce over the base of a 2-litre ovenproof dish. Top with a layer of lasagne sheets and scatter over half of the mixed cheeses. Repeat the layers, finishing with cheese. Cool, wrap in cling film, then freeze for up to 3 months.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Bake in the oven from frozen for 1 hour until bubbling around the edges.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...