Quick stir-fried beef in oyster sauce
- May 2006
- Serves 2
- Ready in 25 minutes
An Asian-inspired stir-fry recipe that’s sure to become a weeknight favourite for those in a hurry.
- 225g lean beef steak (sirloin or rump), cut into strips
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil, plus few tbsp for the noodles
- 2 tsp dry sherry
- 1 tsp cornflour,
- 1 red pepper
- Small bunch of spring onions
- 150g medium or thin dried egg noodles
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- Put the beef in a bowl with the soy sauce, sesame oil, sherry and cornflour, mix well and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, deseed the pepper, cut into thin strips and set aside. Finely shred the spring onions and set aside.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water according to packet instructions. Drain, refresh and toss with the extra sesame oil.
- Heat a wok until very hot and stir-fry the beef for 5 minutes until seared all over. Tip into a sieve to drain away the oil and set aside. Put the wok back onto the heat, add the pepper and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Remove and set aside. Add the oyster sauce to the wok and bring to a simmer, then add the beef and noodles and toss together. Add the pepper and onions, toss through and serve.
Rate & review