Red cabbage coleslaw
- February 2013
- Serves 4
- 5 minutes
Speedy AND simple. This red cabbage coleslaw recipe is a great (and dare we say, classic) side dish, particularly with wintry dishes or Christmas turkey.
We’ve got plenty more ideas in our red cabbage recipe collection, too.
- 13.4g (1.8g saturated)
- 34.3g (31.8g sugars)
- trace salt
- 100ml good-quality red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red cabbage (about 850g), finely shredded
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the vinegar and sugar until the sugar dissolves, then whisk in the oil and season.
- Put the cabbage into a medium bowl, then pour over the dressing. Toss well, then transfer to a shallow dish and marinate for at least 30 minutes. Scatter with poppy seeds.
Rate & review