What to do with leftover red cabbage
Use these red cabbage recipes as influence in your kitchen and use the leftovers to add a splash of colour to your main, and side dishes.
Recipes using red cabbage
- Curried celeriac, red cabbage, pear and walnut coleslaw
- Beetroot and red cabbage soup
- Freezable Riesling-briased red cabbage
- Braised red cabbage, merguez sausages and lentils
How to use up leftover red cabbage
- Quick pickle. Toss finely sliced red cabbage in equal parts red wine vinegar and caster sugar with a good pinch of salt. Leave for 30 minutes, then drain and serve with pork or chicken.