Roast aubergine, tomato and mozzarella pasta
- June 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 min to make, 25-30 min to cook
This vegetarian pasta recipe benefits from the added ingredient of ‘meaty’ aubergine, making it a meal for most tastes.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 33.2g (12.4g saturated)
- 85.2g (8.1g sugar)
- 1 large (about 400g) aubergine, cut into chunks
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic bulb, cloves separated, unpeeled
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, roughly chopped, plus extra sprigs to serve
- Grated zest of 1 lemon, plus a squeeze of juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 400g fusilli or another pasta shape
- 8 semi-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 250g vegetarian mozzarella, torn
- Grated vegetarian Parmesan-style cheese, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Place the aubergine and cherry tomatoes in a roasting tin with the garlic cloves, oregano and lemon zest. Season well and toss with 3 tbsp of the olive oil. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the aubergine is soft and the tomatoes are bursting.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to the packet instructions. Drain, reserving a little of the cooking water, and toss with the remaining olive oil and the reserved cooking water.
- Remove the veg from the oven, squeeze the roasted garlic from the skins (discard the skins) and add it all to the pan containing the hot pasta. Add the semi-dried tomatoes, mozzarella and lemon juice, and toss well. Serve with extra oregano sprigs and some grated cheese.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Tomato, aubergine, courgette and mozzarella tagliatelle
Eat in Italian style with this easy vegetarian pasta recipe with seasonal vegetables. This can...