Roast aubergine, tomato and mozzarella pasta
- June 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 min to make, 25-30 min to cook
This vegetarian pasta recipe benefits from the added ingredient of ‘meaty’ aubergine, making it a meal for most tastes.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 33.2g (12.4g saturated)
- 85.2g (8.1g sugar)
- 1 large (about 400g) aubergine, cut into chunks
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic bulb, cloves separated, unpeeled
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, roughly chopped, plus extra sprigs to serve
- Grated zest of 1 lemon, plus a squeeze of juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 400g fusilli or another pasta shape
- 8 semi-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 250g vegetarian mozzarella, torn
- Grated vegetarian Parmesan-style cheese, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Place the aubergine and cherry tomatoes in a roasting tin with the garlic cloves, oregano and lemon zest. Season well and toss with 3 tbsp of the olive oil. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the aubergine is soft and the tomatoes are bursting.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to the packet instructions. Drain, reserving a little of the cooking water, and toss with the remaining olive oil and the reserved cooking water.
- Remove the veg from the oven, squeeze the roasted garlic from the skins (discard the skins) and add it all to the pan containing the hot pasta. Add the semi-dried tomatoes, mozzarella and lemon juice, and toss well. Serve with extra oregano sprigs and some grated cheese.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Tomato, aubergine, courgette and mozzarella tagliatelle
Eat in Italian style with this easy vegetarian pasta recipe with seasonal vegetables. This can...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...