Roast chicken with minted broad beans and feta
- June 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 min to make, 20 min to cook, plus marinating
Who doesn’t love a good chicken recipe especially when accompanied by herby seasonal broad beans, and nuggets of salty cheese.
- 27.7g (9.9g saturated)
- 14.7g (3.2g sugar)
- 4 free-range skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large sprig of fresh mint, plus handful small leaves
- 750g broad beans
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 200g feta
- Slash each breast in a couple of places, then place in a dish with the olive oil, half the lemon zest and juice, and the garlic. Season well and leave to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the mint sprig and blanch the broad beans for 2-3 minutes until tender. Drain, discard the mint and refresh under cold water, then drain again. You can slip each broad bean from its outer shell, if you like. Whisk the rest of the lemon zest and juice with the extra-virgin olive oil, season and drizzle over the beans. Crumble in the feta and stir it through, along with the mint leaves. Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat and quickly brown the chicken breasts until both sides are golden, then transfer to a roasting tin and roast for 5-10 minutes until cooked. Serve immediately, sliced in half, with the minted broad beans and feta.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...