Roast chicken, cheese and kimchi toastie
- July 2021
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 15 min
Transform a cheese toastie by adding roast chicken and kimchi. Oozy, melty and spicy, this easy recipe is a dream come true for your leftovers.
We’ve got dozens more delicious ideas to use up roast chicken. Have a scroll through our leftover chicken recipes.
- 39.4g (22g saturated)
- 36.5g (2.2g sugars)
- 80g leftover roast chicken, or cooked chicken, roughly shredded
- 2 slices thick white bloomer bread
- 50-100g kimchi, drained (see Know-how)
- 50g mature cheddar, grated
- 50g cooking mozzarella (the dry stuff), grated – we used Galbani
- Knob of unsalted butter, softened
You’ll also need
- Non-stick frying pan
- Layer the leftover roast chicken on one slice of the bread, then top with the kimchi and cheeses. Sandwich together with the remaining slice of bread and spread the outsides with the butter.
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and cook the sandwich for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden and the cheese has melted. Serve with extra kimchi on the side.
Don’t waste it Add leftover kimchee to soups, stews, tacos or burgers for an extra kick.
Kimchi (or kimchee), from Korea, is a fermented mix of cabbage or other veg, flavoured with chilli, garlic and spices. Find it in some large supermarkets, Asian stores and health food shops or make our cabbage and carrot kimchi recipe. Some kimchi is stronger and spicier than others. Taste it and adjust the quantity you use.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Ham, cheese and chilli beetroot chutney toastie
A comfort food favourite; this oozing toastie tower of wonder – made with cheese, ham...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...