Roast sprouts, apples and pancetta
- December 2016
- Serves 8
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 30-35 min
You’ve probably had brussels sprouts and bacon with your Christmas lunch, but have you tried roasted sprouts with pancetta and sweet apple wedges?
Or, take a look at our classic brussels with chestnuts recipe.
- 9.7g (2.8g saturated)
- 9.8g (8.5 sugars)
- 800g brussels sprouts, trimmed, large ones halved
- 3 eating apples (we used cox), cored and cut into thick wedges
- Olive oil for roasting
- A few fresh rosemary sprigs
- 140g unsmoked pancetta cubes
- Heat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/ gas 6. Cook the sprouts in a pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes to soften a little. Drain in a colander, then leave for a minute to dry out.
- Toss the sprouts with the apples and olive oil in a large roasting tin (they need enough room to really spread out). Scatter over the rosemary and pancetta. Roast for 30-35 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the sprouts and apples are tender and the pancetta is crisp. Serve.
If you’re serving this for vegetarians, replace the pancetta with chopped macadamia nuts.
Blanch the sprouts (step 1) 12 hours ahead, cool under cold running water, then drain. Cover with damp kitchen paper and keep in the fridge.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Christmas trimmings, sides and sauces
Brussels sprouts with chestnuts and orange herb butter
Banish soggy sprouts from your memory forever with this simple and flavoursome brussels sprouts recipe...
Christmas leftover recipes
Roast brussels sprouts with caramelised onions and baked eggs
Roast brussels sprouts become a brunch dish extraordinaire with caramelised onions, smoked paprika, dill and...