Brussel sprouts and bacon recipe
- December 2010
- Serves 4-6
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 15 minutes to cook
This brussel sprouts and bacon recipe is a must on any Christmas table. The crispy bacon complements the slight bitterness of the sprouts wonderfully so that (hopefully) you can convert even the strongest of sprout sceptics.
- 15.5g (5.2g saturated)
- 3.9g (2.8g sugars)
- 750g brussels sprouts, trimmed and outer leaves discarded
- 16 streaky bacon rashers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Good knob of butter
- Bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the sprouts and boil for 3-4 minutes or until nearly tender. Drain, refresh in cold water, then drain again and cut in half.
- Using the back of a knife, stretch each rasher of bacon to about double its length. Cut each rasher in half, then roll them up tightly.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon rolls, turning occasionally until crisp. Drain off most of the excess oil, then add the knob of butter and the sprouts to the pan and toss well to warm the sprouts for a few minutes. Season with black pepper and serve.
Rate & review