Roast vegetable salad
- October 2007
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 minutes to make and 35-40 minutes to roast
This healthy vegetarian salad recipe is substantial enough to eat as a main course.
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 14.1g (2.1g saturated)
- 35.8g (14.5g sugar)
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into large chunks
- 350g small new potatoes, cut into wedges
- 3½ tbsp olive oil
- Leaves from 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 150g bag mixed salad leaves
- Preheat the oven to 190C/ fan170C/gas 5. Arrange the butternut squash, peppers and potato pieces in a roasting tin and drizzle with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. Scatter with the rosemary leaves and garlic. Season and toss together. Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, turning halfway, until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. When hot, add the pumpkin and sesame seeds and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds, until golden – they might start to pop! Remove from the heat, cool slightly, then stir in the soy sauce.
- Divide the salad leaves between 4 serving plates. Arrange the roasted vegetables on top, drizzling over any pan juices, then spoon over the toasted seeds to serve.
Ring the changes with this vegetarian dish by serving it with haloumi. Simply flour and pan-fry slices of haloumi until hot and golden. Squeeze over some lemon juice to serve.
Rate & review