Warm root vegetable salad with parma ham
- December 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min, oven time 45 min
A really easy winter salad with caramelised root vegetables – as well as crispy parma ham, crispy croutons and a refreshing yogurt dressing – in a wonderfully warm and filling salad.
Salads aren’t just for summer, take a look at our winter salad recipes featuring lots of wonderful seasonal ingredients.
- 10.9g (2g saturated)
- 38.3g (9.9g sugars)
- 500g carrots, quartered lengthways
- 400g parsnips, quartered lengthways
- 6 banana shallots, halved lengthways
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 garlic clove, bashed
- 200g crusty bread, teared into 4cm pieces
- 6 pieces of parma ham
- 50g natural yogurt
- ¼ finely chopped shallot
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the carrots, parsnips, banana shallots, thyme and garlic, still in its skin, in a roasting tin. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, season well with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 45 minutes. Add the bread chunks to the tin for the final 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the parma ham in a splash of olive oil for 2-3 minutes on each side until crisp, then set aside.
- For the dressing, mix the natural yogurt with the finely chopped shallot, dijon mustard and olive oil in a small bowl. When the veg are ready, squeeze the roasted garlic clove out of its skin into the dressing and whisk. Season with salt and pepper and toss with the warm veg and bread. Break the parma ham into shards and scatter over to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken liver and Madeira parfait
This chicken liver and Madeira parfait recipe only takes 25 minutes to make. Serve with...