Leftover bolognese rotolo pasta bake
- September 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min, oven time 30 min
Use up leftover bolognese sauce in this Greek-style rotolo recipe that’s sure to become a family favourite. With half the work already done, it’s simply an assemble-and-bake job!
We’ve got a vegetarian rotolo recipe, if you fancied that instead?
- 34.8g (17.7g saturated)
- 44.4g (10.5g sugars)
- Approx 600g of leftover bolognese or you can use ½ a batch of our lighter bolognese, defrosted if frozen
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Large handful fresh oregano leaves
- 300ml Greek yogurt
- 150g feta, crumbled
- 250g large good-quality fresh pasta sheets (see tip); we used Fresh Pasta Co Fresh Egg Lasagne Sheets
- 25g parmesan, grated
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Mix the bolognese with most of the ground cinnamon and oregano, then spoon over the base of a medium baking dish or 23-25cm shallow casserole.
- Mix the yogurt and feta in a bowl with plenty of freshly ground black pepper – it will look a bit lumpy, but that’s absolutely fine.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the pasta sheets (see tip). Cook for 2 minutes or until al dente, then drain and rinse under cold water. Lay the pasta on a clean work surface and cut each sheet lengthways into 4 long strips, measuring 3–4cm across (you’ll need about 40). Roll up the strips lengthways and stand the rolls upright on top of the bolognese sauce. Pack them quite tightly together so they don’t unroll. Spoon the feta mixture over the rolls – don’t worry if it sinks through to the sauce.
- Scatter over the grated parmesan and remaining cinnamon, then bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and bubbling. Top with the remaining oregano and serve immediately.
Fresh pasta sheets, usually used for lasagne, come in different sizes; make sure you have enough sheets to make the strips (see step 3).
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...