Seriously gooey chocolate chip cookies
- April 2015
- Makes 16
- Hands-on time 15 min, cook time 15 min
The bigger the chocolate chip, the better the cookie – right? Make no mistakes with this seriously gooey chocolate chip cookie recipe. All you need to decide is how many chocolate chips is too many…
If you can’t get enough of these easy, gooey cookies then find our giant skillet creation or go straight to our master recipe with the best chocolate chip cookies, ever. Find all our cookie recipes in one place.
- 100g softened unsalted butter
- 100g soft light brown sugar
- 100g granulated sugar
- 1 medium free-range egg
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 165g plain flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Small chocolate chunks
- Heat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan/gas 3½ . Use an electric mixer to cream together the butter with both the sugars. Slowly beat in the egg and vanilla bean paste, then beat in the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda until combined and smooth.
- Divide the mixture evenly into 16 balls, then put them on a couple of large baking sheets at 5-6cm intervals so they have room to spread. Flatten the balls slightly, then push in small chocolate chunks (as many as you fancy).
- Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes until the cookies are golden around the edge and the chocolate chunks have melted. Serve just cooled with a glass of ice-cold milk.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter