Smoked salmon and guacamole shots
- January 2006
- 340g sliced smoked salmon
- 100g cream cheese
- 200ml carton crème fraîche
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime and the juice of 2 limes
- 2 ripe avocados
- Small handful of chopped fresh coriander, plus extra leaves to garnish
- Crackers or grissini, to serve
- To prepare: Put 285g smoked salmon in a food processor and whizz until finely chopped. Add the cream cheese, crème fraîche and zest and juice of 1 lime. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and whizz until really smooth. Transfer the salmon mousse to a bowl, cover and chill for 15 minutes.
- Halve and stone the avocados. Scoop the avocado flesh out into a food processor (ideally a mini one), add the juice of the remaining lime and the chopped coriander and season to taste with more salt and freshly ground black pepper. Whizz until really smooth. Cover and chill for 15 minutes.
- Fill 6 shot glasses three-quarters full with the salmon mousse. Smooth the surface, then top with a neat layer of the avocado mixture. Place on a tray, cover with a large sheet of cling film and pop in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- To serve: Remove the salmon mousses from the fridge 10 minutes before serving them. Cut the remaining smoked salmon into thin strips, then roughly fold them and place on top of each mousse. Top each with a coriander leaf and serve with crackers or grissini to spread with salmon and guacamole mousses.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Speedy salmon recipes
Smoked salmon pâté with quick-pickled radish and cucumber
Smoked salmon pâté, served with blinis or toasted sourdough, is...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter