Sobrasada and mozzarella sharing loaf
- June 2019
- Serves 8 as a snack
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 20-25 min
We’ve stuffed a fresh sourdough loaf with butter, sobrasada, mozzarella and garlic, then topped with extra cheese before baking until crusty and golden. It’s a brilliant way to turn a simple loaf of bread into party-worthy starter or nibble.
Our tahini, sesame and fennel seed bread makes another spectacular savoury loaf, to tear-and-share amongst friends.
- 23.3g (13.1g saturated)
- 30.3g (2.9g sugars)
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 75g sobrasada (see Know-how)
- 125g scamorza or mozzarella, grated (see Know-how)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 500g white sourdough loaf
- Pack spring onions
- Olive oil for brushing
- Heat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/gas 6. Put the butter, sobrasada, 100g of the cheese, the garlic and most of the parsley in a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make deep, diagonal cuts into the loaf (don’t cut all the way through). Turn and cut again to create a diamond pattern. Using a spatula, spread the flavoured butter into the cuts to fill the gaps. Scatter over the rest of the cheese and transfer to a baking sheet (see Make Ahead).
- Cover the loaf tightly with foil, then bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 5-10 minutes more until golden.
- Meanwhile, put a griddle pan over a high heat and brush the spring onions with olive oil. Char for 2-3 minutes on each side until tender. Chop into 5cm lengths.
- Serve sprinkled with the remaining parsley, with the spring onions alongside.
Sobrasada is a soft, spreadable chorizo-like sausage – buy from brindisa.com or larger
Assemble the bread to the end of step 2 up to a day ahead and keep covered in the fridge.
A light Italian white, such as soave or verdicchio.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...