Spicy chicken wings
- September 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 5 minutes to make, 25 minutes to cook
Chicken wings are always a winner and this recipe for sweet, spicy and sticky wings is no different.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 25.6g (5.6g saturated)
- 36.2g (11.9g sugar)
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp runny honey
- 2 large crushed garlic cloves
- The zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 12 large free-range chicken wings
- Tabasco sauce
- 200g couscous
- The zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 325ml hot vegetable stock
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 50g shelled unsalted pistachios
- In a bowl, mix 2 tbsp Dijon mustard, 4 tbsp runny honey, 2 large crushed garlic cloves and the zest and juice of 1 lemon. Use to brush all over 12 large free-range chicken wings, then season generously. Reserve the remaining marinade. If you have time, marinate the chicken for up to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Put the chicken wings on a lightly oiled baking tray and drizzle generously with Tabasco sauce. Roast for 25 minutes, turning halfway and basting occasionally with the reserved marinade, until sticky, golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place 200g couscous into a bowl and stir in the zest of 1 lemon and 1 tbsp olive oil, then pour over 325ml hot vegetable stock. Mix well, then cover with cling film and set aside for 5 minutes, or until the stock is absorbed and the couscous is tender. Season with salt, squeeze over the juice of the lemon and fork through 50g shelled unsalted pistachios, roughly chopped. Serve the sticky chicken wings with the lemon couscous.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...