- November 2021
- Serves 4-6 (makes enough for 400-500g dried pasta)
- Hands-on time 10 min
Sprout pesto is a quick and easy way to add a Christmas hit of flavour to pasta dishes, soups or canapés – simply spoon the pesto onto trimmed chicory leaves.
Use homemade pesto for a simple Twixmas meal in our spaghetti with kale and brussels sprout pesto recipe.
- 8g (1.5g saturated)
- 0.5g (0.3g sugars)
- 125g sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 fat garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 large handfuls basil leaves
- 75g parmesan, grated
- 75g pinenuts, toasted
- Juice 1 lemon
- 80ml olive oil
- 80ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- Large pinch chilli flakes or crushed pink peppercorns, plus extra to serve
- Put all the ingredients except the oil in a food processor, whizz to make a paste then with the moor running add both oils until combines. Season to taste and pep up with chilli flakes or pink peppercorns if you like. Serve stirred through pasta or spread on crostini with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil..
Keeps well for 2-3 days covered in the fridge.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Brussels sprouts recipes
Easy baked fish and chips with fried brussels sprouts
A great variation to fish and chips, this baked fish recipe makes the most of...