Sprouts with fried black pudding
- January 2010
- Serves 8
- Ready in 15 minutes
Fancy an alternative at the Christmas table? Replacing bacon with black pudding gives this brussels sprouts side a Scottish twist.
- 9.7g (4.7g saturated)
- 6.2g (2.8g sugar)
- 750g brussels sprouts, trimmed, outer leaves discarded
- 50g butter
- 125g black pudding, cut into small pieces
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Place the brussels sprouts in a large pan of boiling water and boil for 3-4 minutes until nearly tender. Drain and plunge into cold water to refresh, then drain again.
- Meanwhile, melt half the butter in a frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the black pudding and fry until crisp all over. Add the lemon zest and set aside.
- When you are ready to serve the dish, melt the remaining butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat, then add the brussels sprouts and black pudding and warm them through over a low heat. Tip into a serving bowl, then serve with the haggis-stuffed turkey.
Serve this side dish as part of our Scottish roast menu
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...