Sprouts with fried black pudding
- January 2010
- Serves 8
- Ready in 15 minutes
Replacing bacon with black pudding gives this brussels sprouts side a Scottish twist.
- 9.7g (4.7g saturated)
- 6.2g (2.8g sugar)
- 750g brussels sprouts, trimmed, outer leaves discarded
- 50g butter
- 125g black pudding, cut into small pieces
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Place the brussels sprouts in a large pan of boiling water and boil for 3-4 minutes until nearly tender. Drain and plunge into cold water to refresh, then drain again.
- Meanwhile, melt half the butter in a frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the black pudding and fry until crisp all over. Add the lemon zest and set aside.
- When you are ready to serve the dish, melt the remaining butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat, then add the brussels sprouts and black pudding and warm them through over a low heat. Tip into a serving bowl, then serve with the haggis-stuffed turkey.
Serve this side dish as part of our Scottish roast menu
Rate & review