Sticky roast root veg
- December 2011
- Serves 6-8 people
- Takes 30 minutes to make, 45 minutes to cook
This is root veg at its best: roasted in sweet honey and mustard glaze for 45 minutes.
- 5.5g (1.3g saturated)
- 19.1g (12.7g sugars)
For 8 servings
- 500g parsnips, quartered lengthways
- 500g baby carrots with their green tops, scrubbed and halved (or medium-size carrots, quartered lengthways)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- A few fresh thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6 and put a large roasting tray in the oven to heat up. Toss the vegetables with the oil and some seasoning, tip into the hot roasting tray and roast for 25 minutes.
- Stir in the butter, honey, mustard and thyme and roast for a further 20 minutes until beautifully sticky and golden. Serve.
Roast the vegetables as in step 1 the day before. Cool in the roasting tray, then cover with foil and store overnight in a cool place. Remove the foil, add the rest of the ingredients and continue with the recipe, adding an extra 5 minutes to the final cooking time.
Rate & review