Super-easy rhubarb vodka
- February 2019
- Makes 1.2 litres
- Hands-on time 5 min, plus 4 days steeping/infusing
Add vibrant rhubarb to vodka for a pretty pink cocktail. Our super easy recipe uses just four ingredients; all you need is patience while it steeps and infuses.
Love rhubarb? Take a look at lots more rhubarb recipes here.
- 600g rhubarb, chopped into thin slices
- 200g caster sugar
- A few strips of orange zest
- 1 litre vodka
You will also need
- A Sterilised 1.5 litre glass jar with an airtight seal, such as a Kilner jar
- A sterilised glass bottle with a top
- A square of muslin or a clean j-cloth
- Put the rhubarb into your sterilised jar. Add the caster sugar, orange zest and vodka. Seal and store in a dark cupboard for 1-2 weeks, turning or gently shaking every now and then to dissolve the sugar and mix up the rhubarb.
- Strain the vodka through a square of muslin or a new J-cloth, then transfer to the sterilised glass bottle and seal.
- Serve chilled in shot glasses, martini glasses or small champagne coupes, or in highball glasses with ice, topped up with ginger ale or tonic water.
Add a drizzle of syrup from a jar of stem ginger for a warming twist.
Once strained the rhubarb vodka will keep in a cool, dark place (or the fridge)for several months.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...