Sweet potato and black bean nachos
- August 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 30 min
This crowdpleaser of a dish proves you don’t need a basketful of expensive ingredients or a complicated recipe to eat well. Our sweet potato nachos recipe feeds four people for just £5.16.
For meat-lovers, our pulled pork nachos are a real winner too.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 27.4g (8.7g saturated)
- 71.9g (14.2g sugars)
- 750g sweet potatoes, sliced into 5mm rounds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 400g tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g ready-made tomato salsa
- 75g tortilla chips
- 100g grated vegetarian cheddar
- 1 large ripe avocado, chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 lime
- Handful fresh coriander
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Toss the sweet potatoes in the oil on a roasting tray, season with salt and a grinding of black pepper, then bake for 30 minutes until caramelised and tender.
- Meanwhile, mix the red onion with the vinegar and a pinch of salt in a glass or ceramic bowl. Set aside to quick-pickle for 25 minutes.
- Heat the grill to high. Top the sweet potatoes with the black beans and tomato salsa. Crush the tortilla chips in a bowl and mix with the grated cheese, then sprinkle over the potatoes. Grill for 6-8 minutes until everything looks golden and bubbling.
- Toss the chopped avocado with the lime zest and juice, then scatter over the nachos with the fresh coriander and pickled red onion. Serve straightaway.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Nachos with avocado salsa
These cheesy nachos with beef ragù and avocado salsa make the best TV snack.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...