Sweet potato and black bean nachos
- August 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 30 min
This crowdpleaser of a dish proves you don’t need a basketful of expensive ingredients or a complicated recipe to eat well. Our sweet potato nachos recipe feeds four people for just £5.16.
For meat-lovers, our pulled pork nachos are a real winner too.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 27.4g (8.7g saturated)
- 71.9g (14.2g sugars)
- 750g sweet potatoes, sliced into 5mm rounds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 400g tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g ready-made tomato salsa
- 75g tortilla chips
- 100g grated vegetarian cheddar
- 1 large ripe avocado, chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 lime
- Handful fresh coriander
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Toss the sweet potatoes in the oil on a roasting tray, season with salt and a grinding of black pepper, then bake for 30 minutes until caramelised and tender.
- Meanwhile, mix the red onion with the vinegar and a pinch of salt in a glass or ceramic bowl. Set aside to quick-pickle for 25 minutes.
- Heat the grill to high. Top the sweet potatoes with the black beans and tomato salsa. Crush the tortilla chips in a bowl and mix with the grated cheese, then sprinkle over the potatoes. Grill for 6-8 minutes until everything looks golden and bubbling.
- Toss the chopped avocado with the lime zest and juice, then scatter over the nachos with the fresh coriander and pickled red onion. Serve straightaway.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Nachos with avocado salsa
These cheesy nachos with beef ragù and avocado salsa make the best TV snack.