Tomato and brie tart
- August 2011
- Serves 4 with leftovers
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 40-45 minutes to cook
A classic pairing: this vegetarian tomato and brie tart recipe has serious universal appeal and is perfect for picnics or summer lunches!
- 40.4g (17.7g saturated)
- 32.1g (3.3g sugars)
- 375g ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- Plain flour for dusting
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100ml double cream
- 100ml whole milk
- 2 medium free-range eggs and 1 yolk
- 4 tbsp snipped fresh chives
- 200g brie, diced
- Rocket to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Open out the pastry, gently roll out on a lightly floured surface until 2cm wider in diameter and use to line a 23cm fluted tart tin. Prick the base of the pastry case all over with a fork, then line with baking paper and fill with baking beans or rice. Blind-bake for 15 minutes until sandy-coloured and just cooked. Remove the paper and beans/rice, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the tomatoes in a small roasting tray, drizzle with the olive oil and some seasoning, then bake for 15 minutes.
- Beat together the cream, milk, eggs, chives and seasoning until combined. Place the tomatoes in the pastry case, evenly spread. Pour over the egg mixture and scatter over the Brie. Cook for 25-30 minutes until set and golden. Cut into wedges and serve with rocket.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
New potato and onion tarte tatin with crispy capers and hazelnuts
Our new potato tarte tatin – made caramelised onions, garlic and mascarpone – makes a...