Tomato and chilli pesto
- December 2009
- for lots of people
- Ready in 10 minutes
This spicy tomato pesto recipe, alongside our Roast tomato and black olive pasta sauce, makes a brilliant gift for any pasta lover. Easy to whizz up if you’re stuck for ideas.
- 466 kcals
- 43.9g (4.8g saturated)
- 0.7g (0.5g sugar)
- 260g jar semi-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 25g pine nuts
- 2 plump garlic cloves, crushed
- Handful fresh flatleaf parsley leaves
- 125ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for storing
- 20g Parmesan, finely grated
- Put the tomatoes, chilli, pine nuts, garlic, parsley and oil into a food processor and blend to a paste. Season well and transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in the Parmesan. Put into a sterilised jar or jars (see tip), then top with a film of olive oil.
Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Once open, use within 2 days.
To sterilise jars (plus the lids, if you’re using them), otherwise this recipe will go mouldy, wash jars thoroughly in warm, clean, soapy water, rinse and drain upside down on kitchen towel. Place on a baking tray in a preheated oven at 140°C/fan120°C/gas 1 for 15-20 minutes.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...