Tomatoes with peaches, grapes, feta and oregano
- September 2022
- Serves 4 (or 6 as a side)
- Hands-on time 10 min, plus macerating
This colourful tomato salad makes a brilliant summer side, or light main with crusty bread. Use a rainbow of tomato and grape varieties.
Love a summer salad with ripe peaches? Try grilled peach panzanella next.
Recipe from Tomato: 80 Recipes Celebrating the Extraordinary Tomato by Claire Thomson (Quadrille £22).
- 11.2g (2.5g saturated)
- 12.3g (12g sugars)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red or white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- ½ small red onion or 1 shallot, very finely sliced
- 2 peaches, stoned and chopped into 2-3cm pieces
- 200g red grapes, halved
- 600g tomatoes, chopped into 2-3cm pieces
- ½ bunch oregano or marjoram, leaves picked
- 50g feta, crumbled
- 50g kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- In a small bowl, mix together the oil and vinegar. Add the onion, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Put to one side to macerate for 10 minutes.
- Put the peaches, grapes and tomatoes in a large serving bowl. Add the herbs, feta and olives, then spoon over the dressing. Serve immediately.
Claire’s tips: “Use multi-coloured tomatoes, yellow or white-fleshed peaches, and purple, black or green grapes. Chop the fruit so it’s all roughly uniform in size, and be sure to taste the salad and dress it accordingly. Soft goat’s cheese, roquefort or mozzarella would also work beautifully.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Peach, crispy pancetta, olive and mozzarella salad
If you haven’t tried peaches in a savoury dish yet,...
Parma ham, mozzarella and peach salad with buckwheat and quinoa
If you’ve never tried peaches in a salad, you need...
Subscribe to our magazine
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter