Hasselback miso roasted vegetables
- October 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, cooking time 40-50 min
Use up root vegetables in this spectacular hasselback tray bake recipe. We’ve used a pouch of pre-cooked Beluga lentils to save you time and this one happens to be vegan too.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- 15.5g (2.4g saturated)
- 69.8g (30g sugars)
- 1.1kg mixed root vegetables, trimmed and scrubbed
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 2 oranges
- 3 tbsp white miso paste
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 3 star anise
- 2 x 250g pouches cooked lentils (we used Merchant Gourmet beluga lentils
- 50g toasted nuts, roughly chopped (we used pecans)
- 100g baby leaf spinach
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Using a sharp knife, make several cuts 2mm apart, cutting roughly two thirds of the way through each of the root veg.
- Pour the oil into a roasting tin and heat in the oven for 5 minutes. Add the vegetables, season with salt and pepper and roast for 10 minutes. Slice 1 orange, add to the tin, then continue to roast for 25-30 minutes, turning and basting halfway through.
- In a small bowl, mix together the miso paste, maple syrup, chilli flakes (if using) and star anise with the finely grated zest and juice of the remaining orange. Pour the mixture over the cooked veg and roast for a further 10 minutes until crisp and sticky.
- Heat the lentils according to the pack instructions. Remove the roasted vegetables from the oven, then stir in the hot lentils, chopped nuts and spinach until the spinach just wilts. Serve right away.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...