Warming pesto butter beans
- online only
- Serves 1
- 15 min
This easy pesto butter bean recipe, for one person, is from Ella Woodward’s cookbook Deliciously Ella Every Day.
Looking for something else? We have lots more recipes for 1 person for you to try.
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
For the pesto
- 1 garlic clove
- 50g pine nuts
- Big handful fresh basil leaves (25g)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice 1 lemon
For the salad
- 400g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 100g spinach
- Olive oil
- Juice 1 lemon
- Handful pumpkin seeds
- Sprinkling pomegranate seeds (30g)
- Start by making the pesto. Simply peel the garlic, then put all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the beans in a frying pan with the spinach and pesto and sauté everything in a splash of olive oil for 2–3 minutes until the spinach has wilted and everything is warm.
- While they cook, squeeze the lemon for the salad over the beans and add more black pepper. Put the pesto beans and spinach into a bowl and sprinkle the pumpkin and pomegranate seeds over the top.
Ella says, ‘In hot weather, swap the wilted spinach for fresh rocket and serve this as a cold salad.’
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Recipes that will make you excited for autumn
Spicy butterbean, chickpea and butternut squash stew
Enjoy this vegetarian stew recipe, made with butternut squash, butterbeans and chickpeas, as a healthy...
Sponsored by Mazzetti L'Originale
Butter bean recipes
Crisp and sticky kale and butter beans with balsamic vinegar
This hearty, textured winter side dish combines sticky balsamic kale with fluffy butter beans. It...